RBC Emerging Artists Mentorship Program
****DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JANUARY 29, 2018***
Through the generous support of the RBC Foundation, Alberta Playwrights’ Network is pleased to announce the 2018 RBC Emerging Artists Mentorship Program. The program is designed to provide individual and project development to emerging and mid-career playwrights, through mentorship from our roster of professional playwrights.
- Applications for the program have been extended until ***Monday, January 29, 2018.***
- Participants must come with a play, or an idea for a play which they wish to work on through the mentorship.
- Participants will be selected by the Mentorship Committee and APN Staff.
- There are 10 available spots (5 in Calgary & 5 in Edmonton). Residents from other communities are encouraged to apply as well.
Past mentors have included Meg Braem, Marty Chan, Conni Massing, Mieko Ouchi, Gordon Pengilly, Sharon Pollock, Clem Martini, David van Belle, Kim McCaw, Karen Hines, Caroline Russell-King, & Collin Doyle.
Once selected, participants will be matched with a mentor. There will be an event in February where participants will have an opportunity to meet their mentor face to face, as well as meeting the other participants in the program.
The program will last from February to July of 2018 (a six month term). There will be a minimum of 8 meetings throughout the mentorship. Due to the variety of individual schedules, mentors and participants will decide on their own schedule of meetings.
There will also be two group meetings and at least one professional development event in each city. Participants will be expected to attend these meeting sand events. The program culminates in a public presentation of excerpts from the plays worked on through the process.
Applicants are asked to submit the following:
- A cover letter which should include:
- a synopsis of their history as a playwright
- a list of goals and outcomes they wish to attain through the program
- A brief synopsis of the project they wish to be developed through the process
- A writing/production resume (if you have one)
- A shortlist of your favourite plays & playwrights
Applications can be mailed to Alberta Playwrights’ Network, 331 41st Avenue NE, Calgary, AB, T2E 2N4.
Applications will also be accepted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, but will not be considered complete until the application fee is received.
Course fee: $300.00 (this is to cover space rentals, administration and other program expenses).
If you have any further questions or require more information, please do not hesitate to email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: RBC Mentorship Program.