Year of Entertainment raffle
The draw was made on September 8, 2019 at the APN Offices. The winning ticket was drawn by APN President Neil Fleming….
And the winner is - Ticket 116 - Alex Currie.
Thank you to everyone who bought a ticket and supported the work of APN. Thanks to your generosity we were able to raise $5000.00.
JOB OPPORTUNITY (EDMONTON):
Alberta Playwrights’ Network – YouthRiot YEG In-Room Facilitator
YouthRiot YEG is a free, 10-week program geared specifically towards youth on the LGBTQ2S+ spectrum that teaches different styles of creative writing for performance. We are seeking an In-Room Facilitator for our inaugural run of YouthRiot here in Edmonton. The In-Room facilitator will work closely with both the Artistic Associate and the Program Coordinator to create and provide a safe environment in which the program participants can learn, grow, and thrive.
· Attending all YouthRiot YEG sessions (Wednesday evenings from 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm) starting October 2, 2019 and continuing to December 3, 2019, including the final presentation
· Reviewing applications to the program
· Leading group check-ins at the start of each session
· Working with the group to ensure the creation, negotiation, and facilitation of Safe Space for the participants
· Planning and leading activities with the participants, including ensemble-building exercises
· Assisting participants with goal-setting and troubleshooting on projects
· Creative problem solving with both groups and individuals
· Assisting guest instructors as required
· Fostering a creative, inclusive workspace for the participants
· Background or prior experience in project coordination, youth education, group facilitation, or similar areas
· Must feel at ease working with teenagers and young adults
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Collaborative problem-solving/conflict resolution abilities
· Satisfactory background screening is required for this position, which includes a Criminal Record Check/Police Information Check
· First Aid/CPR is an asset
This is a part-time contract position with an approximate start date of September 25, 2019 and an approximate end date of December 10, 2019. Compensation for the position is $1000, with a schedule of payment to be agreed upon by both APN and the contractor.
Interested applicants should send a one-page cover letter and CV detailing all relevant experience to APN Artistic Associate, Bevin Dooley (firstname.lastname@example.org). Any questions about the position or its requirements can be directed to Bevin as well.
Applications for this position will be accepted until September 17 at 11:59 pm.
APN OFFERS PROGRAMMING FOR ALL LEVELS OF PLAYWRIGHT, FROM NOVICE TO PROFESSIONAL
INSTRUCTION. ONE-ON-ONE PLAY DEVELOPMENT. MENTORSHIP. ADVOCACY. WORKSHOPS.
Alberta Playwrights' Network is ready to move your play to the next level.