Queer art. Queer space. Queer you.
Originally conceived and presented by Third Street Theatre, Alberta Playwrights’ Network’s YOUth Riot – now in its fifth year – is a FREE opportunity for Calgary’s Queer youth to raise their voice and share their stories!
Over the course of 10 weeks, Alberta Playwrights’ Network and guest artists will facilitate a creative writing program for Queer youth, helping them learn skills, meet other queer youth, create, imagine, inspire. This is YOUth Riot.
YOUth Riot finishes with a public festival of short pieces created by the participants by and staged by professional actors and directors from the theatre community.
We want to hear your story.
● 14 - 21 year olds across Calgary are encouraged to apply for this free 10-week program where you will learn tools and skills from professionals in the Calgary arts community to help develop your own story and voice.
Here are the details:
● Participation in YOUth Riot is 100% free to you.
● Absolutely no previous experience necessary.
● You must be between the ages of 14 to 21 years old to apply.
● YOUth Riot runs every Monday @ 5:30-7:30 pm | March 11 – May 13 2019
● All meetings are at Central Public Library, 800 3rd Street SE.
● All art created in the program will be featured in a public showcase Monday, May 20th 2019 at 7pm at Lunchbox Theatre at the base of the Calgary Tower.
● All you need to do is complete the application packet and email or scan it to: Courtney Tromburg, YOUth Riot Program Coordinator: email@example.com
Application deadline is Sunday, February 25th, 2019 @ Midnight!
All we need is YOU.
You can apply by either filling out the PDF or Word Applications and emailing them to Courtney Tromburg firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, February 25th, 2019 @ midnight or by filling in the Google Form by the above deadline date and time.
YouthRiot was originally conceived by Jonathan Brower and Alyssa Bradac for Third Street Theatre and was produced by Third Street Theatre in 2015. In 2016 APN partnered with Third Street Theatre for the second presentation of the program. In 2017 APN took over the production and administration of the program.