Employment Posting - Application Deadline – Friday, June 26, 2015
Artistic Associate North Position (30 – 35 hours weekly)
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Artistic Associate North will manage and oversee the administration and programming as it pertains to our mandate, overall organizational objectives and the needs of the northern membership.
The Artistic Associate North will be responsible for administration and execution of ongoing programming as well as provide voice and input regarding future programming endeavours. The successful candidate will serve as the representative of the organization to the northern membership and will speak on behalf of APN’s mandate, goals and programming. While the bulk of the work will be administrative in nature the position can provide opportunities for artistic development. The position requires strong management and critical thinking, excellent written and verbal communication skills. The successful candidate must be a self-starter and work well without daily supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Managing and carrying out, but not limited to, the following responsibilities:
· maintenance of Edmonton specific programming documentation
o documenting statistical information for grant applications and reporting.
· maintenance of provincial membership list
o maintenance of the existing record
o execution of membership renewals
o sending out new member packages
· generation and delivery of CAEA applications and contracts for Edmonton based programming
o hiring artists
· organize, staff and manage other APN programming
o Wordshed, Act One, Alberta Playwriting Competition
· manage volunteer programs as they emerge
· maintain and manage partnership agreements with Edmonton based not-for-profit arts organizations
o Alberta Drama Festival Association
o Playwrights’ Guild of Canada – Edmonton Script Salon
· assist in grant writing and other funding applications
· assist in administration and execution of fundraising events
Communication & Advocacy
· create weekly email newsletter for dissemination to membership
· speak on behalf of APN programs, services and initiatives for and on behalf of the membership
· speak on behalf of APN membership privileges and services
· provide social media and online presence relating to Edmonton events & programming
· answer inquries from membership
· attend functions and workshops pertinent to APN organizational goals.
The position will be largely administrative, however if the candidate shows aptitude and facility in the areas of new play development, dramaturgy or education they will be asked to provide assistance with artistic execution of programming. This is not a pre-requisite for application.
The ideal candidate will have skills in the following areas:
· new play development
· previous arts management experience an asset
· must have knowledge of and connections within the Edmonton theatre/arts community
· must be computer literate
· experience with Microsoft Office
· superior interpersonal skills
· effective organization and planning skills
· fundraising and fund development experience an asset
· experience on a variety of social media platforms
· Post secondary arts education is an asset
· Arts management education is an asset
· Commensurate arts administration is an asset
Please include a CV, a cover letter stating your interest in the position and any other pertinent information.